Monday, December 13, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

The Ladies and I in Accra! Mr.FL my official Tamale Brother!!

I’ve really started to LOVE Tamale- there’s a lot you can do here! My week normally consists of working till about 5pm and then heading to town to meet friends or as they say here, roam the town! I finally feel like I’ve settled. I know where I need to go to get what I need, I’ve almost mastered the Market scene and I finally know how to bargain which is a BIG accomplishment! On weekends they have cultural dances at a local bar or the club which is always an interesting experience lol! Life in Tamale is very chill, people really enjoy doing things as they come and normally never plan much!
I’ve also begun Drumming lessons at the Youth Home which is a 15 minute walk from my house as well as Traditional Dancing classes at the cultural centre. I promise to have pictures up as soon as I can. Anyways I’ve met some really amazing peoples who have made being away from home much easier!
Enjoy!


Mr. Alvaro and I at one of the local night spots- Hes also my Motor Bike Teacher !
Half of my team at the office- In Ghana graduates have to do a one year placement called "National Service" inorder to be able to seek employment.
Mr. Samuel another addition to the Team also my partner on the literacy program!

1 comment:

  1. Don't get toooo comfortable young lady, we miss you here! :)

    ReplyDelete